We started off the editing process by simply creating the footage sequence, this was relatively easy as we were able to record all of the clips in the order that they were going to appear in the film. The next step was the trimming process, and we had to cut down all of the clips into the right sizes.

It was in one of the very early scenes that didn’t quite fit as we wanted to. This was because we had filmed her saying a sentence of dialogue, which we decided later that the full length was irrelevant. In order to solve this problem, I had to edit two separate clips together, but use the sound from a different clip. The cut isn’t evident in the full video, however, it is noticeable when watched closely. Below you can see the two frames placed next to each other in still, and it is clearly noticeable that Maddy’s thumb is in a different position. Below that is a screen grab of the diegetic sound taken from one of the other clips and inserted into the used clips.

Our second problem was the very fake look of the latex because of the pigment. This was insolvable, however, there is a programme called ‘Davinci Resolve’ in which you can edit the certain sections of the clips. The teacher had tried out the software and the best that we could get was changing the colour and the saturation of the clip in certain sections but we had to do it with lots of frames and it was too time consuming. We then had to leave it and just accept that it looked unrealistic. We did also make the shots quicker and more frequent to decrease the noticeability of the latex edge.

As it came to finalising the product, the last few things that we had to do was the title and the varying transitions. We tried to keep fade transitions to a minimum, because we wanted a rapid sequence rather than one that resemble times passing often. The only fade we planned to use was one that showed a passing of time when she is laying in the bath. However, this was not necessary because the shot we had filmed appears to pass behind her head, and therefore the transition was a straight cut anyway.

Inserted below is a screen grab of the finished process:

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 09.35.20

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s